This report presents a plan of action for Canada to prevent, reduce, and eliminate stigma and discrimination in the context of the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
The plan of action covers five broad areas:
- participation of people living with HIV/AIDS and vulnerable to HIV
- tackling attitudes
- advocating for rights
- accessing programs, services, accommodation, and employment
- strengthening research and evaluation.
The plan sets out:
- broad goals
- actions governments and other agents should take to fulfill their obligations
- background information on the topic
- examples of specific problems or issues
- tips on further reading and resources.